Join me for an interactive session of this course from July 1-30, 2021
Why do we paint landscape paintings?
In landscape painting, our desire is to do something more than a photo can achieve.
- We love the process of painting - it’s just fun to paint!
- We want to express ourselves. In painting a landscape, we show OUR point of view, our experience -our feelings about a place, the memories attached to it.
The struggle happens in learning how to release the reference photo, to use it as just one of many tools an artist brings to the process of interpreting a painting in your own individual way. In this course, we'll explore the basic elements that comprise a landscape painting, followed by understanding and applying the keys that will unlock your individual style as you express your emotions, memories and impressions of the places you've been to and hold deep feelings for.
Covered in the course:
- Preparing to paint: Creating a good foundation to really get you acquainted with your reference photo.
- Understanding the framework of a landscape: Training your eye to see value, pattern, shape and color as the team that make up a powerful painting.
- Unlocking creativity: Exercises to help you dig beyond what your photo tells you and bring your painting to life.
- Full length video demonstrations
- Lifetime access to the course material
- Printable course notes & worksheets
- Supply & resource list
- Coupon for your first month free in the Fearless Artist Community so you can post your work and join the discussion. (This will come in an email on June 28. )
- 4 weekly live lessons reviewing the course material and showcasing student work.
- All of the previous bonus live lessons from previous years
Weekly Live Sessions: All sessions are recorded for you to watch later at the same link as often as you wish. You do not need to attend live.
Note: Dates and times may change.
- Tuesday July 6, 10am PDT [GMT -7], 1pm EDT
- Tuesday, July 13, 10am PDT [GMT -7], 1pm EDT
- Tuesday, July 20, 10am PDT [GMT -7], 1pm EDT
- Tuesday, July 27, 10am PDT [GMT -7], 1pm EDT