Why do we paint landscape paintings?
In landscape painting, our desire is to do something more than a photo can achieve.
- We love the process of painting - it’s just fun to paint!
- We want to express ourselves. In painting a landscape, we show OUR point of view, our experience -our feelings about a place, the memories attached to it.
The struggle happens in learning how to release the reference photo, to use it as just one of many tools an artist brings to the process of interpreting a painting in your own individual way.
In this course, we'll explore the basic elements that comprise a landscape painting, followed by understanding and applying the keys that will unlock your individual style as you express your emotions, memories and impressions of the places you've been to and hold deep feelings for.
Covered in the course:
- Preparing to paint: Creating a good foundation to really get you acquainted with your reference photo.
- Understanding the framework of a landscape: Training your eye to see value, pattern, shape and color as the team that make up a powerful painting.
- Unlocking creativity: Exercises to help you dig beyond what your photo tells you and bring your painting to life.
- full length video demonstrations
- printable course notes
- supply & resource list