Loose & Fluid Watercolor Painting I
Painting from the heart using watercolor techniquesEnroll in Course
Even a beginner can paint fluidly in watercolor! Used traditionally, watercolor paintings have a fluidity and transparency unrivaled by any other painting media. Often described as the "hardest medium" in which to paint, watercolor doesn't have to be intimidating.
In this self-paced class, professional watercolor artist Angela Fehr will walk you through basic techniques and supplies in watercolor, creating special effects in watercolor, and composing paintings in a loose, informal style.
Color theory, texture and composition will all be explored.
- Overview of Supplies and Tools. Assemble what you need to get started.
- Basic Techniques. Experiment with a foundation for working with your materials.
- Color Mixing in Watercolor. Mix colors in a way that feels useful, purposeful, and fulfilling of your creative vision.
- Texture in Watercolor. Create the illusion of dimension and surface.
- Final Project. Compose and create a final painting that uses your newly learned techniques and skills.
Artist quality supplies are recommended and a detailed supply list will be provided in the first lesson.
**Please note that this course has been published previously on Skillshare. If you've taken the Skillshare course, you are welcome to access this course for free, please message me and I will send you a coupon code.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are three things to try before contacting us for help:<br>
1. Try a different internet browser. Internet Explorer is not compatible with the course. We recommend Chrome or Firefox.
2. Enable cookies on your computer or device.<br>
3. Clear your browser cache or history.<br>
If you are still having trouble, please email [email protected] with a description of the problem and we will work on resolving the issue.
The student gallery is located at the bottom of the course page and uses Disqus to power photos and comments.
This link will show you how to comment using Disqus.
This link will explain how to post photos using Disqus. Be aware that you may need to wait a few minutes and reload the page to see your photo after posting.